Quality, Affordable Care - For Over 20 years - Experienced staff
Butterflies Playgroup originally existed in the former Community Hall that is now Pen-y-Lan Library and Community Center. The Playgroup was run for many years by Susan Pinches; mainly looking after children that attended (or were soon to attend) Marlborough Road Nursery School.
When the 'old' Community Hall was demolished to make way for the new library and center, the Playgroup moved to its current home in Albany Road Baptist Church Hall.
Albany Road Baptist Church Hall - Our Home
Our entrance is actually in Blenheim Road.
We have been based in the church hall for well over 10 years.
On the 1st floor we have a large main room, a smaller 'welcome' room, a kitchen and two sets of toilets.
In 2018 Susan Pinches retired from running the Playgroup and two staff members, Gaynor & Rachelle took over the running of the Playgroup. With a small team of retained staff they continue to provide childcare to children from Roath and Penylan (mainly).
The current Playgroup is:
- Registered for up to 26 children, aged from 2.5 years to 5 years old
- Registered to accept the 30 hours FREE child care through Cardiff City Council
- Able to take and pick up children to/from Marlborough Nursery School
- Able to accept children for all day care
- Currently open from 09:00 to 16:15, Monday to Friday (although due to Covid-19, we are currently not operating afternoons)
Most of our children either attend, or are soon to attend Marlborough Nursery School. However, we are more than happy to care for children whom attend any setting. Although we have close liaisons with Marlborough School; we are still a Private Organisation whom operate totally independently.